I love spring rolls, whether it’s made with pork or chicken meat or veggies, fried or fresh. And since Lenten Season is coming where we observed no-meat meals, I made this simple recipe of fish spring rolls. I love this variation as it has lesser fat that its meat counterpart.
Here the ingredients:
- mackerel in can but if you use fresh fish, steamed it first and debone then mash using fork.
- 1 med. onion, carrot, parsley, spring onion – chopped then mix to the fish and season with salt and pepper
- Put 1-1/2 tbsp of mixture into the wrapper and roll (please refer to the photo above).
- Fry until golden brown
- Dip in vinegar with lots of garlic or in sweet and spicy sauce. Enjoy!
By the way if you are looking for a steinberg ur22, check it out at MusiciansFriend.com
Because we’re having too many meat dishes in our table last holiday, it’s just right to add some veggies and seafood (Buttered Garlic Shrimp) to balance our holiday feast, that’s why I cooked this Chopsuey and what do you know it was the best seller among all the other dishes to the guests. 🙂
So I’m sharing my version of recipe for this deli dish:
- 250 grms. cabbage, shredded
- 200-250 grms. pechay Baguio shredded also
- 100 grms. Baguio beans (abitsuelas-sliced diagonally about half inch in size) or sweet peas (just cut in halves diagonally)
- 1 med. sayote diced thinly
- 1 carrot same cut as sayote or julienne if you want.
- 1 pc bell pepper diced or julienne
- 3 cloves garlic minced or chopped
- 1 med. onion minced
- 250 gms. pork cut into small pieces
- 100grms. chicken liver or pork liver chopped
- 20 pieces or two dozen quail eggs boiled and shelled
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (dilute in 1/2 cup water)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir fry pork in little oil until golden brown and release its own fat, (remove some oil if you think it’s too much for you)
- Move the pork on the other side of the pan, saute garlic and onion on the same oil until onion is translucent then add the pork.
- Now add the sayote, carrot and beans and stir fry on the same oil, once changed color add the leafy veggies and bell pepper, continue stir frying for a minute or two, this is to retain the color and crispiness of the veggies.
- Add 2 cups of water and simmer just until the water boiled then add the liver, continue simmering until liver is cooked, add the quail eggs.
- Season with soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, salt and pepper.
- The last step is adding cornstarch diluted in water to thicken the sauce.
- Mix until the sauce thickens and covered all the veggies. Remove from heat to avoid over-cooking the vegetables.
- Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
NOTE: All measurements are just guide, you can add or lessen depending on your taste preference.
I’m sorry for being in hiatus, haven’t posted new recipes in a while. I guess the holiday rush has gotten in me, lol. Feeling lazy to write something and focus more on preparing for our Christmas and coming New Year events.
So here I am with my birthday and Christmas feast, all prepared at home except for the cake and cookies, hahaha not much into baking that’s why. Hubby and I cooked all these with the extra help from my mom who brought her special kare-kare because she knows it’s my favorite. We had Chopsuey (the best seller) halabos na hipon (shrimps cooked in sprite), Rellenong bangus (stuffed milkfish) the filling ingredients is consist of fish meat, ground pork, onion, bell pepper, chopped carrot and potato, with a surprise addition of what do you know – glazed fruit instead of raisins. Patatim and of course Mom’s Kare-kare. Desserts are fruit salad, leche plan, cookies and cake plus fresh fruits and Pineapple juice for the drink.
This special event is for my family and for friends who will drop by if not busy with their own celebrations are very much welcome. After eating family members enjoyed hours of singing with our videoke machine. Yes, singing has always been part of our yearly celebrations, from Karaoke of the old time to Videoke of the present, since it’s already a complete package with lyrics and background music, I don’t have to buy a musical instrument for accompaniment or encounter a yamaha credit card login just in case.
Enjoy the holiday guys and wishing that the coming new year will be a prosperous and peaceful one. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all, God bless!