First try to cook this simple yet healthy dish, the tuna linguine in white sauce and came out very tasty, my youngest son loved it. We always have spaghetti in red sauce, so this one is worth a try, check it out!
- 400 grams linguine, cook as per package direction but keep it al dente.
- 420 gms. century tuna flakes in oil (you can use the regular or spicy)
- 1 onion minced
- garlic chopped
- vegetable oil or butter for sauteing
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chopped celery
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- Saute garlic, lightly brown and onion until translucent
- Add tuna and all purpose cream, simmer a bit, add 1/2 cup of water if needed
- then add celery, season with salt and pepper
- toss in the pasta and topped with shredded cheese.
One of the highlights of summer is the tropical fruits in season, which are abundant during this time at their sweetest and cheap.
Below are just of them:
Sweet honey melon, can be eaten fresh or turn into shake/smoothie, see recipe here or just shredded, add sugar, water and ice – a simple drink concoction you can find at street stalls selling street foods.
This guyabano was given by a neighbor, it can be eaten as is or turn into fresh juice which was my favorite drink when I was in college and still is.
And of course, this famous fruit – the sweetest mango in the world is found here in the Philippines, the best.. see my mango shake recipe here.
We can add also avocado which is a favorite for shakes and ice cream, we love to have them sweetened with condensed milk or sugar with milk then blend into smoothie, check avocado shake recipe here.
Banana is available all year-round and also pineapple.
Okay, before the summer ends in this part of the world and begins on the other side, let me share you this refreshing dessert to cool you down, this creamy sweet corn delight with nata de coco.
- 1/2 cup sweet corn cream (canned)
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernel (canned)
- 1 cup nata de coco preserved (bottled)
- 1 can evaporated or fresh milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- ice cubes
- Add both milk (condensed and evap/fresh milk) cream corn, ice cubes in a blender and shake.
- Put in a serving bowl, top with nata de coco and cream corn kernel, serve and enjoy!