Here is tortang alamang or tiny shrimps omelet, a delicious delicacy that is simple to cook. Almost the same ingredients and preparation as ground pork omelet, though this one has no tomato and bell pepper if you are using them as added ingredients to your pork omelet.
Alamang is a bunch of local tiny shrimps that is also use in making Shrimp paste or bagoong.
It looks like this when raw, since I forgot to take a picture before cooking, I borrowed one from the net (credit to the owner) just to give you an idea.
Here are the ingredients:
- 250 grms (1/4 kilo) alamang – wash thoroughly then drain
- 1 med. onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tbsp. flour
- salt and pepper to taste.
- cooking oil
- Saute alamang with garlic and onion, till change color, turn off heat, set aside.
- in a bowl, combine beaten eggs, flour, salt and pepper, stir constantly to make a batter.
- Then add the cooked alamang, mix well until all the shrimps are well coated.
- In a pan, put oil and heat. Add about 2 to 3 tablespoon of the mixture and fry until light brown then turn on the other side and cook till brown. Do the same procedure on the remaining mixture. Put in a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with steamed rice and calamansi juice with fish sauce as dip. Happy cooking!!!